“Ship-2-Shore PLID Thin Film is a highly penetrative, dielectric corrosion resistant coating available in Aerosol spray and bulk liquid sizes.
S2S PLID Thin Film exhibits exceptional adhesion similar to that of a magnet to steel and is an excellent high pressure lubricant. It will stop corrosion and shut down electrolysis between dissimilar metals with a dielectric strength of 40,000 volts. PLID Thin Film is non-hazardous, non-flammable and non-toxic, is low in VOCs, and does not attract dust and dirt. Industry Canada approved, Navy and Coast Guard proven.
S2S PLID Thin Film is ideal for electrical, electronics, circuit boards, lighting, motors, and machinery. It is also effective in removing rusty bolts.
PLID is an acronym for Penetrant, Lubricant, Inhibit Rust and Dielectric:
• Penetrates existing rust & corrosion
• Shuts down rust cells & halts electrolysis
• Displaces moisture
• Protection from water & corrosive contaminants
• Not a sealant, no wax or lanolin
• Strong electromagnetic attraction to metals
• Dielectric to 40,000 volts
• Safe and effective for electronics, radios, circuit boards, electric motors, etc.